Friday, September 13, 2013

Shenanigans #5 The Post PAX Edition [DAY 0]

Hellooooo, Internet. :3
Well, PAX Prime 2013 has come and gone. I can, honestly, say that I had a good time this year despite all of the recently accumulated drama surrounding the con. (If you've no idea what I'm talking about, you can refer to this well-written article on WIRED. Why I'm Never Going Back to Penny Arcade Expo)

Good stuff:
Friends
Parties
Free swag/loot/booty
Amazing cosplay

Meh Stuff:
Less free stuff than previous years
Harder to get said free stuff (ie. you need to pre-order or wait in long lines to play the demo)
Con funk on Day 1

haha There wasn't anything bad about the con, from my experience. Good friends will always make your experience a thousand times more entertaining.

Also, Vladimir Poutine is a thing that needs to be everywhere (you had to be there lol). Just kidding. My friends decided to make poutine and topped it with Stroganoff, ergo, Vladimir Poutine. hahahaha It was surprisingly delicious.

Anyways, PAX.

DAY 0

I pulled an all-nighter, because why not. LOL No. I was working on cosplay. XD; My flight was at 10:40 AM, so I left for the airport around 8. Drive, drive, drive...airport. Idk about you guys, but I actually really enjoy airports. I don't care much for flying, but I love traveling and I like the feeling of being in airports. I wish I could travel all of the time. I've considered trying to become a stewardess, but that's not where my passion in life lies. *shrug*
Thank you, WA for the light rail. I'm so glad that it exists and that you don't have to pay $40+ for a taxi to get to downtown Seattle. Seriously. I love the light rail. <3 I took that all the way to downtown Seattle, which was about 30-40 minutes (not bad at all). Then, I got off at Westlake station. When I got off...holy cow. Almost everyone at the station was a PAX attendee. There were so many people with luggage. lol Thankfully, the hotel I was staying in wasn't far from that stop.
I stayed at the beautiful Sheraton for one night, because my friends that I was going to be staying with didn't come in until the next day. I walked over to the hotel and waited in the longest check-in line, ever. I got there at a fairly decent time, but the line behind me just kept getting longer...and longer...haha. At least, I had a few friends to chat with while I waited.
Let me tell you something....having an entire room to yourself IS GLORIOUS. I could not believe how comfortable it was. I could walk around in my undies and not have to worry about where to put all of my stuff. I had a whole bed to myself. If it weren't expensive, I would always want a room to myself. LOL Then again, that would probably get kind of lonely. Maybe.
FOR ONE NIGHT ALLLLL OF DAT TO MYSELF <3
view from my room

Once I got to my room, I texted my old roomie to see what she and her fiance were doing. We had planned to go see a movie and have dinner before heading to a party hosted by Mad Catz at Trinity Nightclub. I told them what room I was in and...they were in the room right next door. HAHA How often does that happen? It was pretty funny. She hopped over to say hi to me while I got situated and I agreed to meet with them a little later. Unfortunately, I was exhausted and decided to stay in, shower, and nap. I told them that I'd just see them for dinner later.
I don't remember what time it was, but we met up for dinner and ended up at Pacific Place. (I used to work at the Game Stop at that mall. lol) It's a gorgeous mall with a few high end stores. We ate at a chowder place (that I can't remember the name of because it's not Ivar's). Then, we went to get ready for the party, but not until after we stopped by Express to grab a couple of things.

Once we were ready, we hopped a cab to Pioneer Square where Trinity is located. I'm not sure what that club looks like normally, but for the Mad Catz party it was decked out in gamer stuff. Xbox 360's, PS3's, PC's, fighting games, flying games, demos up the hoo-ha, and a lot of other things. It was pretty cool. I was a little disappointed that they hadn't left a little bit of space for dancing, but I guess that most gamers don't dance. lol
There were plenty of drinks to be had, though and that's always cool. Plus, a couple of my really good friends were there working the party. I drank, and played Tekken, and failed at a flying game. It was a pretty good night.

At the end of it, I was told not to forget to grab a goody bag on my way out. I didn't even know that they had goody bags. lol XD When I got mine, I nearly died. BEST. SWAG. BAG. EVER. MadCatz put freaking headsets in the bags. I'm not talking cheapo headsets, either. Triton Kunai's. I think they retail for about $70-$100 depending on where you go. There was also a MadCatz Unveiled tee (size L in men's, which means it's a dress for me), a button, and some stickers.

I took a taxi back and collapsed when I got back to my room.

Day 1 post to come later. Thanks for reading! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment