Monday, June 16, 2014

Hakuoki: Memories of Love (Hijikata Toshizo) ミ☆

Oops. I did it again. Ahhhh, I'm so sorry, lovelies! I have a tendency to neglect my blogging (if you've ever followed my DA, you'd know lmao). I get lazy and caught up in real life. A lot of things have happened, but I'll save that for a different post.

Anyways, I'M BACK and I acquired the limited edition box for Hakuoki ~Stories of the Shinsengumi~ on the PS3. (I bought this the day after it came out, but haven't been able to play it until last week.)
Isn't it beautifuuuuuul?

Just last year, I became an otome game fanatic and have probably catapulted bags of money at a certain company for their phone apps *coughVOLTAGEcought*. A friend recommended that I play Hakuoki on the PSP, and it was the best/worst mistake of my life. When the PS3 version was announced, I hopped on that preorder right away! How could I not? There's SO MUCH content, and the high school AU was something that I'd resigned myself to never having in any way, shape, or form. Someday, I hope to be able to play the ~Sweet School Life~ doujin, but I don't have a Vita or the ability read Japanese.

Now that I actually have time to play, I decided that I'd like to make walk-throughs for the "Memories of Love" portions. (THEY'REREALLYCUTEOMGICAN'TEVEN.) Granted, you most likely wouldn't even need to use a walk-through, seeing as there are only ever 2 choices per chapter, but eh. I'll most likely start putting out walk-throughs for some of the Voltage games I've gotten, too.

Unfortunately (Fortunately?), it didn't occur to me to start doing this sooner, as I've already finished played through 4 of them. ahahaha I'll just do it all over again! :D

There may be spoilers if you've not played the game.

Let's get started!

To access these extra stories:
Main Menu/Title Screen > Stories > Shinsengumi Adventures 1 (play this to unlock each character)


First up, is Hijikata Toshizo.

Grumpy McSexy
☆☆☆☆☆

Shinsengumi Adventures 1 (Unlocking Hijikata)

★ That was it then. I didn't really have a choice; I was helping them out one way or another...
What should I do?
  • Distract Hijikata ❤ 
  • Catch the cat
  • Help with lunch

★ His stern gaze felt piercing, as if he was looking right through me and uncovering all my secrets. 
I had to...
  • Tell them everything 
  • Keep to the story

★ What should we do?
  • Catch the cat
  • Leave it alone 

Congratulations! You've just unlocked Hijikata's "Memories of Love" route! His starts on Chapter 2. These are the choices made in order to get the cherry blossoms. They're needed to unlock features from the Ephemera section, which is where you'll find the high school AU stuff. 

Let's move on. :)

Hijikata Memories of Love 1

★ So...
  • My father can do it
  • I'll help with the research 

Memories of Love 2

★ I didn't have any experience handling angry inebriates. What could I say to him?
  • This isn't like you. 
  • Please, calm down.

Memories of Love 3 (Chapter 3)

★ His voice was calm and slightly distracted. I...
  • Can I help you with anything?
  • What would you like to eat? 


Memories of Love 4

★ He did not sound happy. I...
  • Don't give up.
  • Get a hold of yourself. 
Memories of Love 5

★ But...
  • I want to stay with you. 
  • We're almost done.
Memories of Love 6

★ There was clearly something on his mind. 
I...
  • Did something bad happen?
  • Can I help with anything? 
Memories of Love 7

★ He ground his teeth against the pain as he spoke. I...
  • Want to believe you.
  • Don't believe you.
Memories of Love 8 (Last Part)

★ He was...

  • ...amazing.
  • ...attractive. 
That's it! I hope that this proved helpful/useful to someone. :) Hijikata is adorable, but my number one will always be Harada Sanosuke. ❤❤❤❤❤ lol 

I love this game so much. It's funny that I've learned so much about history just from playing this game. Now, I'm not naive enough to believe it all. Of course I'm going to do actual research on the events that show up in the game, but I find it amusing that it's because of it that I've even developed an interest in Japanese history. Why don't they do this for everything?! Make education fun! Hell, it doesn't even have to be an otome game. I would've learned so much more in school if I actually enjoyed what I had to learn. I probably would've retained more of that information and failed less exams, too. lmao Whoa, tangent. 

It feels nice to be blogging again. See you guys with the next update soon! I've got two days off (IN A ROW), so there's no excuse for not having any time. hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment