Thursday, May 09, 2013

Nail Art ミ☆

Hello Internet!

Do you guys love nail art? I do. I love seeing how creative people can be with such a small canvas. Also, unless you're ambidextrous or working on fake nail sets...it's pretty difficult to paint your non-dominant side. So, I've got mad respect for those of you who can do that crazy intricate nail art on yourselves. YOU GO, GURL/BOY.

I became interested in nail art back in Seattle, around the same time that I started being able to afford lolita clothes. A lot of times, you'll see lolitas and gyaru with crazy/amazing nails that match their outfits. I started trying to emulate that with my own nails...but I failed. lol These days, I keep it pretty simple. I used to glue a lot of random things onto my nails, but I'm too active to keep them on for long. Typically, I don't even realize that something I glued on went missing, until waaaaaay later.

My favorite person's nails to look at belong to Sakurina. Her nails are suuuuper cool. A bit too outlandish for my personal tastes, but OMG do I love to look at her nail bling.
Seriously. Check that shiz out! 

Crazy beautiful work, but oh so impractical. I don't think that I'd be able to function, but more power to her for being able to. I remember watching something about Japanese ladies with their nail art and someone asked how they do things, like wash their hair. Apparently, they have a special tool that they use. It's like a little scrub brush with a handle. If there's a will, there's a way. haha

Just image googling Japanese nail art, gyaru nail art, or even lolita nail art will bring up tons of gorgeous pictures. That's how I find inspiration whenever I want to do my own nails. 


There's plenty of places online to buy deco for DIY nails or even to buy already made nail sets. Places such as etsy and taobao offer a wide selection of premade nails. Ebay and taobao are your best bet for cheap deco parts. I haven't bought from any places, so I can't really recommend a place to shop from. Though, I can give you links to some places with pretty sets: 

Etsy:
From tanacollection Purchase these >>here<<

From Nevertoomuchglitter Purchase these >>here<<

From Aya1gou Purchase these >>here<<

Taobao:
Deco parts from here Purchase these >>here<< 

From here Purchase these >>here<<

From SaSa-nail Purchase these >>here<<

From here Purchase these >>here<<

Elsewhere:
From Yukiumi Purchase these >>here<<

I've linked places that have good feedback. As always, with online shopping, check the seller's feedback to avoid problems/scams. :)
Youtube and tumblr are great places to find inspiration and tutorials. 
One of my recent favorite places to go for tutorials is Renee's Nails
For YouTube, I love Tartofraises

Here is some of my own nail art. I was pretty obsessed with galaxy nails. Recently, I'm all about gradients. :)
These are my current nails. :3
Well, that's it for now. Do you have any pictures of your own nail art? I'd love to see them! 
Thanks for reading! 

6 comments:

  1. I was never a fan of the dramatic nail art but I do like seeing how creative people can get with their nails!

    I especially like the black and pink swirls one you did!

    http://sushiibear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this post because you "rarely" see the black edgy gal nails. Everyone always go for cutesy!

    Loved this and followed you!

    Vibabiix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I love the cute stuff, but I'd love to see more edgier looks.

      Thank you so much for the comment and the follow! <3

      Delete
  3. So pretty ^^
    Should make some tutorials!!


    恵美より ♥
    http://emi-doll.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll definitely start making tutorials soon. :)

      Delete