Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day and Cake Pop Trials

It's been a while since I posted. haha ^^;;

Valentine's Day was fantastic! It was a day well spent with my boyfriend.

The day before, I tried making cake pops to give him.



They turned out pretty, but I'm not sure that I got the texture right..I'll just have to try and try again! I followed the instructions from Divas Can Cook >>CLICK HERE<<. I love this lady's blog. She's so cool and sassy.
Cake mix, frosting, candy melts, sprinkles, lollipop sticks, treat bags, curling ribbon, and foam. 

I baked the cake, as directed, and then let it cool before handling it. Next, I cut it into squares and removed the brown top and bottom. Nice, pink and fluffy. 
Then, I went agro on the cake and mashed it to bits. Just kidding, there was no hostility involved. Just gently crumble it until it looks like this:
I forgot to take some pictures...it's hard to take them when your hands are coated in frosting and cake. lol Anyways, add frosting to the cake crumbs. This is where I may have gone wrong. I know that you're not supposed to add too much frosting, but somehow...I think that I did. OTL /siiiiigh I suppose that I can't expect things to go perfectly the first time around. (Boyfriend didn't seem to mind, though...he may have just been being nice. XD;)
Roll the crumbs into neat little balls. I used 2 scoops from a cookie scoop to help.
Dip the sticks into the melted candy and stick them into the cake balls. haha (Reading that out loud is kinda funny. (●´艸`)) Then, put them in the freezer. Sorry, I didn't get pictures of the rest, but you can find examples all over the internet. :) I used the microwave method to melt down the candy. 
For Valentine's day, I visited my boyfriend at his workplace and we went out to lunch at a nice Greek restaurant. Then, I went over to his place to wait for him to get off work. We live more than an hour apart from each other. He was nice enough to let me stay over, so I wouldn't have to drive all the way back home after only spending an hour together. <3 

When I got to his apartment, I found this waiting near the front of the door. 
Ahhh, I was so surprised! o(≧∇≦o) He knows I've got a huge sweet tooth. So, all that candy and chocolate covered strawberries? Plus, wine? Perrrfect. So, while he was gone, I watched LCS (League of Legends Championship Series). I'm rooting for TSM and Curse. I'm really surprised at how well Dignitas is playing. haha Uhmm....yeah. Moving on...

This was also a good opportunity for me to try cooking dinner for him. I'd done it once before, but I wanted to try something a bit healthier. Here's what I made for him. 
Baked Parmesan/Panko breaded chicken, roasted veggies and potatoes. I'm actually kinda proud of myself. I used to kind of cook when I lived in Seattle, but I also ate out a lot (living on top of Uwajimaya had it's perks). I'm trying to learn how to cook, not just for my boyfriend, but for myself. I need to start prepping for being more independent and healthy.

We spent the evening watching the rest of LCS, and waiting for Community to come on. It was really nice. (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) 

I hope that you all enjoyed your day as well, regardless of whether or not you have a significant other. (✿◠‿◠) 
I was nominated by Christine De La Creme for something cute called the Liebster Award. That'll be coming up in the next blog post. Thanks, hun!

No comments:

Post a Comment