Monday, February 18, 2013

HoneyColor: Geo Fresh Brown FC-724 Circle Lenses Review

I bring to you...A REVIEW! Finally! hahaha

This is NOT a sponsored review.

I took advantage of HoneyColor's free shipping, which ran from January 28th to January 31st, and ordered two pairs of lenses (both GEO).

Order placed: January 31, 2013
Order shipped: February 4, 2013

What I really appreciated from HoneyColor, was that they e-mailed me when they shipped my order. The e-mail contained the ship date, a tracking number, a link to track the package, and an ETA. So, I wasn't left wondering if they'd shipped it and when I would get it. It was really nice not fretting over that sort of thing...like I've done with other sites.

Here's a screenshot of it:

Package arrival: February 15, 2013

So, it only took 11 days to get here, from the day they shipped it. It didn't take that long for them to process my order, either. The 31st was a Thursday, so it took only a couple of business days for processing. That's not bad at all! I was actually really surprised that it got here that quickly. Typically, I'm used to waiting anywhere from 14-16 days, more if you count the time it takes to process.

The lenses came packaged in an 8x7 padded envelope.
Inside, the vials were packaged in cute little yellow boxes that have the HoneyColor name/logo on the front and care instructions on the back. I love the packaging! You also get a free animal lens case for every pair of lenses that you buy. 

Rating:
Prices: 
Shipping: 
Communication: 

Overall, I'm really pleased with how smoothly my purchase from HoneyColor went. 

Now, on to the lenses! 
Geo Fresh Brown FC-724
Base Curve: 8.6 mm
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Water Content: 38%
1 year disposable

I'd been wanting a pair of lenses that were more natural looking and these are definitely it. The lenses look light in the case, but that's probably because they're a bit transparent. They blend seamlessly with my natural eye colour (dark brown) and the enlargement is just right (though, I wouldn't mind them being just a bit bigger). No one can really tell that I'm wearing contacts unless they look up close or see my eyes in the light. 
Size comparison (one eye with the lens and the other without)
Both lenses in with no eye makeup

They're not as comfortable as I was hoping they'd be. (︶︹︺) They're not that bad, but I noticed my eyes feeling a bit dry after a couple of hours. Nothing that contact lens eye drops can't fix, right? Also, you can feel that you're wearing them. It's not irritating or painful, not for me at least. Comfort is just one of those things that varies from person to person. It might also be that I may need to get used to them. It's been a while since I last wore a pair of lenses from Geo Medical. I've been spoiled by the comfort of EOS and iFairy. 

Indoor lighting
Natural/Window lighting
With camera flash
Rating:
Comfort: 
Colour: 
Enlargement: 
If you've owned a pair of lenses from GEO Medical, then you'll know that the vials come with these nifty authentication stickers. If you haven't, now you do! Your eyeballs are very important, so don't just go sticking things on them all willy nilly. Each vial of GEO lenses has a sticker attached to it, like so:
Each sticker has a 20-digit code on it, hidden under the grey scratch off stuff. 
(Be sure to scratch off all of the grey stuff. I derped, didn't scratch it all off and thought that it was a short code. orz) Go to the website indicated on the sticker: http://geo.fw1860.com/ That will bring you to GEO's anti-fake system check. Just enter the code on your sticker and voila! If it's legit, the site will tell you. 
If you try to enter the code again, it'll tell you that it's already been used. "The anti-fake code has been queried" It will also tell you the date and time that the code was entered. I like that they've implemented a system like this. Too bad other manufacturers don't do this.
That's it! I hope you enjoyed my first review. 。◕‿◕。 Also, I hope that it answered any questions you might have had or gave you more info than you needed. Let me know, in the comments, if you've got any questions. I'd be happy to answer. Or just leave me a comment to let me know how I'm doing. I appreciate feedback. (´▽`)<3

Next time, I'll be reviewing the other pair of lenses I received. TTFN! Ta ta for now! 

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I've never bought Geo Medical before, so that was really informative! I also liked your visuals XD <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, thanks for sharing it here !

    You look really great with circle lenses

    Just for your info. you can also check out www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

    Enjoy and stay pretty : )

    Makiyo

    ReplyDelete