Sunday, April 28, 2013

Purikura Lolita Meet

Hellooooo!

So, last Friday (4/26/13) I had the opportunity to make it out to Garden Grove for a small lolita meetup. I haven't been to a meetup in sooooo long. It was fun to get all dolled up again. There were only seven of us, but that made it easier to get to know one another. :)
Makeup shot:
Derping in the car shot:
Before the meet, I headed over to my friend's house so that we could carpool together.
I completely forgot to get a full outfit snap for myself, but I have this:
We started the meetup at a place called "PURiKURA."
It's a really neat place! The person working the counter, whom I assume is the owner, was super nice. The booths that cost $10 are all in Japanese, but the owner has translations printed and taped to the sides of the decorating side of the booth. He even came over and helped us get started with the picture settings. 

Here's a group shot. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my camera off of the manual setting before handing it over...so, it's REALLY blown out...yeah....OTL. I'm sure there's some way to fix it, but I'm lazy. lol
When you walk into the place, the wall to the right is fuuuulllll of sticker pictures from customers. It's pretty cool to see. 
Line of purikura booths
Inside one of the $10 booths (it auto-enlarges your eyeballs XD)
Not long after we did this, someone mentioned a place just a few doors down has macarons. Lolitas and macarons are like OTP. lol So we bounced on over. It was an adorable little place called Chubbi Cakes
After macarons, we headed over to Genki to end the meet.
They've got a pretty cool atmosphere. There's a giant mural with a lot of neat geeky references. 
They've got a great menu that has a lot of great options from takoyaki to taiyaki, and even a good variety of milk teas. I had trouble deciding between okonomiyaki and the curry/tonkatsu...but I was so hungry and unsure of portion sizes that I went with the curry. I'm so glad that I did, though. It was so tasty and filling. 
ahhh why can't I eat pictures? /drooooool
Derping in the restaurant 
Cutie Snaps
Wonder Party Olivia
Lady Penny
Merry Making Mary
Adorable Meara. Welcome to the fold, darling! 
Overall, I had a really good time at this meet. It's always fun getting to know other lolitas, especially when you find out that you have so much in common outside of the fashion. :) Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out to more meetups in the future. I think that I'm going to try to make it out to the next large meetup, which I believe is the International Lolita Day meet in June. 

THA'S IT YA'LL. 

2 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm glad you still wear lolita!
    I haven't even heard of these places (except for genki living) even though garden grove is right around the corner. I'll have to check them out sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, it's been a while. haha
      Do check them out! I think that you can decorate your own cakes at the Chubbi cake shop. They've got a computer set up so that customers can take picture to upload to their site/facebook page.
      I wish there was a Genki near me. :(

      Delete