Saturday, July 27, 2013

Oreo Balls (Chocoholic Dreams) ミ☆

Heyo Internet!

It's been a while, hasn't it? haha I'm so sorry. A lot has been going on and I've got a backlog of drafts that need pictures to be edited. Derp.

Anyways, here's something! OREO BALLS! These are REALLY easy to make and super delicious. Be careful not to eat too many when they're finished, because I'm sure these have a billion calories each. :P My Mom sent me this recipe as her not-so-subtle-way of telling me to make them for her.


There's only 3 ingredients and only 5 steps. Simple, right?

You're going to need:
  • 1 whole package of Oreo cookies
  • 1 block of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
Seriously. That's it. Make sure that you've got enough chocolate chips, because you're gonna need to melt them down. I didn't have enough to coat all of my balls (*snickers*), but I did have enough chocolate for most of them.

Step 1
Crush dem oreos! All the oreos? ALL THE OREOS! I prefer to use a food processor, but a bag and a hammer or a something else works just as well. You're going to want it to be the same consistency as dirt.
Step 2
Add the package of (softened) cream cheese and mix well.
Don't be afraid to use your hands to mix this. I tried to just use a spatula and that was getting me nowhere. lol

Step 3
Once it's all blended together, gather and roll into balls. I like using a one-inch cookie scoop to make things easier and a little more uniform. Place the balls onto a parchment or wax paper covered cookie sheet.

Step 4
Now, it's time to melt your chocolate. Don't do it all in one go, unless you know what you're doing. I placed half a cup of chips into a microwave safe bowl and melted it slowly, about 20-30 seconds at a time. A little time consuming, but better to be safe than sorry and waste a bunch of chocolate. :)

Once that's done, go ahead and roll the cookie balls in the chocolate and try to evenly coat them. It's pretty difficult to use your hands for this, so a spoon is really helpful (also less messy). Then place them back onto the cookie sheet.

Step 5
Once you're all done, just cover and pop them in the fridge. Enjoy once they've set! I wasn't able to get a picture of most of them...I let them set overnight and by the time I woke up the next day, most of them were gone! My family has little to no self control...
Easy peasy lemon squeezey. That's really it. It's a billion times easier than the cake balls that I attempted to make and so much tastier. I'm on vacation right now, so I'll be doing my best to push out these drafts before I head back to work. Thanks for reading! Until next time...ttfn, ta-ta for now! *bounces away*

1 comment: